The January 8 Girl Scout Day event is filled to capacity and reservations are now closed. If you are interested in being added to the waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girl Scouts of all ages are invited to the Museum to complete requirements for merit badges and to participate in other exciting activities!
Merit Assistance Programs
Merit assistance programs involve an interactive museum tour. All merit assistance programs are free, but reservations are required. Space is limited. Troops and individual Girl Scouts are welcome to attend. Girl Scouts may only register for one merit assistance program. Significantly large troops may be asked to make private reservations another day.
- 10:00am-11:00am - Junior Girl Scouts Local Lore Badge
- 10:00am-11:00am - Brownies Careers Try-It
- 11:00am-12:00pm - Junior Girl Scouts Folk Arts Badge
- 11:00am-12:00pm - Brownies Listening to the Past Try-It
- 1:00pm-2:00pm - Brownies Careers Try-It
- 1:00pm-2:00pm - Brownies Listening to the Past Try-It
- 2:00pm-3:00pm - Junior Girl Scouts Folk Arts Badge
- 2:00pm-3:00pm - Brownies Listening to the Past Try-It
- 3:00pm-4:00pm - Brownies Careers Try-It
- 3:00pm-4:00pm - Junior Girl Scouts Local Lore Badge
While you're here, make sure to drop in for some of these fun activities!
- 10:00am-11:30am - Craft Workshop: More information to come!
- 10:00am-11:00am* - Poetry Workshop: How to Cope Using Words: In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, join local author Katie Rodriguez Banister for a poetry writing workshop. Katie holds the title Ms. Wheelchair Missouri and placed as fourth runner up in the 2010 Ms. Wheelchair America Competition. Don’t forget to stop by the special exhibition The Americans with Disabilities Act: 20 Years Later!
- 11:30am-1:00pm - Radio Disney Live Appearance: Listen to music, dance, play games, and enter to win prizes!
- 12:30pm-3:00pm - Paper Doll Making Workshop
- 12:30pm-1:30pm - Education Program provided by the Wildlife Rescue Center (ages 5-8): More information to come!
- 1:30pm-2:30pm - Education Program provided by the Wildlife Rescue Center (ages 9-12): More information to come!
- 3:30pm-4:30pm* - Dunham Dance Class: Katherine Dunham revolutionized modern dance, blending classical movement with African and Caribbean rhythms to create a new form, the renowned Dunham Technique. Professional dance instructor Nicole Thomas will lead a Dunham-inspired dance workshop.
*Reservations are required for the Poetry Workshop and the Dunham Dance Class.
Saturday, January 8 2011 at 10:00 am (past)|
Throughout the Museum|
|Exhibit(s):||Seeking St. Louis|