Free Early Childhood Field Trips at the Missouri History Museum!
The Missouri History Museum offers private gallery programs for groups of up to 40 children ages 2-6. All group visits must be arranged in advance, and the sooner the better, because our programs are popular and book up fast! Call (314) 361-9017 to make your reservation today! Or Register Online.
Programs are available November 6, 2013 – May 16, 2013. Programs are available on Wednesdays and Thursdays as early as 9:30am, or on Fridays as early as 11:30am.
There are 3 thematic options to choose from:
Early childhood gallery programs are led by facilitators and take place in the museum galleries. Each program lasts 75-90 minutes and includes the following components:
- An interactive story time - A facilitator engages children through high-quality thematic storybooks with detailed illustrations.
- A guided museum hunt – Children will search the galleries for either shapes, colors, or modes of transportation featured in the books they read. This activity will hone their observation skills and allow them to use their knowledge about the topic.
- A craft project – Children will make their own simple craft projects that align with the program theme.
- Counting exercises – Children will be encouraged to count during stories and during the museum hunt.
- Movement – In order to engage kinesthetic learners, we will incorporate hand-motions during story time and full body movements during the gallery hunt.
Please contact email@example.com or (314) 454-3114 for further information.