The Missouri History Museum subscribes to the following databases to further assist you with your history and genealogy research. These valuable databases are available at no cost to you when you visit the Library and Research Center.
Ancestry (Library Edition)
The largest collection of family history records on the web.
Newspapers.com (Library Edition) – Missouri Collection
Search and browse more than 150 Missouri newspapers.
* Includes St. Louis Post-Dispatch (1874–1922), with keyword search feature.
Genealogy database that focuses on military records, court records, city directories, and letters, with records from the National Archives and other sources.
* Includes St. Louis City Directories (1863–1923), with keyword search feature for name and address.
Full-text access to scholarly books, documents, and journals, with complete runs from the earliest volumes through approximately five years ago.
America: History & Life
Index and abstract tool for American and Canadian history, with articles and reviews from 2,000 journals, books, and dissertations.
* Includes access to Gateway (formerly Gateway Heritage), the journal of the Missouri History Museum.
Search the MHM Library catalog and more than 10,000 library catalogs worldwide, in a single search.
* WorldCatDiscovery is a freely available Internet resource. However, when used at the Library and Research Center, you can click through to full text results from JSTOR and America: History & Life.
World’s Fairs: A Global History of Expositions (by Adam Matthew)
Explore world's fairs from the Crystal Palace in 1851 to 21st-century expos.
* Includes documents, photographs, maps, audio recordings of oral history interviews, and other items regarding the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis
Frontier Life (by Adam Matthew)
Discover European and colonial frontier regions of North America, Africa and Australasia through documents that reveal the lives of settlers and indigenous peoples in these areas.
* Includes documents from the Archives Department, including the Lewis and Clark journals.