The newspaper collection at the Library and Research Center consists primarily of St. Louis newspapers. Many of these newspapers are available on microfilm; some are only available in hard copy.
The following are some highlights of the newspaper collection:
- Missouri Gazette/Missouri Republican, 1808-1919
- German-language Westliche Post, 1857-1938
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 1919-1948 and 1961-present
- St. Louis Argus, 1915-1986 (African-American newspaper)
- St. Louis Palladium, 1903-1907 (African-American newspaper)
Approximately 90% of the library's newspaper titles are listed in the Online Library Catalog; however, in many cases these catalog records do not include the specific dates of the newspaper. For more information about the newspaper collection, contact the library at email@example.com or (314) 746-4500 (during open hours).