Upcoming Holiday Hours for the Library & Research Center:
Thursday, December 24: 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Friday, December 25: CLOSED
Saturday, December 26: CLOSED
Thursday, December 31: 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Friday, January 1: CLOSED
Saturday, January 2: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Missouri History Museum Library holds over 90,000 books, periodicals, newspapers, maps, and microfilms, including:
- St. Louis-area newspapers
- Fire insurance maps for St. Louis, 1870–1941; many other maps and atlases
- Business and trade catalogs
- St. Louis City directories, 1821–1980
Subject strengths include:
- St. Louis people, places and events, neighborhood history, urban development, ethnic culture, politics, architecture, business, religion, art, and education
- Western fur trade, travel and exploration, river transportation
- Missouri history to 1900
- Native American history and culture
- Louisiana Purchase Exposition (1904 St. Louis World's Fair)
Find out more about the library's holdings: